Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 21-22

Well, it is 8am and I have already completed my workout for the day!  That may seem like a good statement, but I actually can't stand running when I first get up.  No matter how much I stretch, I feel like I am running with lead in my legs.  But I don't start out feeling bad, it is usually right at mile 1.  All of a sudden I just hit a wall!  I know that a lot of people work out in the morning, but here is my question...do people wake up at 5 run around the house doing stuff for an hour and then go running??  Why would anyone wake up at 5??  That is just ridiculous on its own!  Anywho...running for the day is done.  I did about 2.3 miles, not a lot, but my right calf is still bothering me a little and I don't want to push it too much.


Remember the challenge that I proposed to myself??  Well I made it even harder...yesterday for Father's Day, we went out for pizza at Talk of the Town...then we had ice cream...AHHHH  I haven't stepped on the scale, but I have to work tonight and we will see how it is!


Speaking of pizza and ice cream...I am all for eating healthy and making positive decisions, but I also believe in indulgences.  Not everyday or all the time, but what is the point in denying the simple pleasures of a slice of  hot pizza right out of the oven of one of the best pizza places in the area??  I didn't overdo it, and I am not going to feel guilty about it either.  I do not believe that we should be rewarding ourselves with food (we aren't dogs), but I think that we should be able to enjoy the things that we eat, and not count calories ALL the time!


The problem with a lot of people, myself included (hopefully not anymore!), is that they don't make healthy choices and count calories enough!  They are "indulging" every day...that is the norm.  People seem to think that it is OK to be overweight.  I love it when people say to me "you are NOT fat!"  Um...yes I am.  I do not think that we should be sticks, obsessed with our looks and our bodies.  But I do think that we need to be healthy, reducing our risk for weight related illnesses.  I need to be able to run with my kids and set an example for them.  Lets not berate ourselves for needing to lose 5-10 pounds, but lets put down the bag of chips already!!  And lets face it...most people need to lose more than 5-10 pounds.  I still need to lose 30-40 pounds!!


xoxo Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment