Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 8-12

I am so sorry for my absence this week.  It started out just busy from work, but then we found out that one of Dennis's family members passed away suddenly. Joe will be missed by everyone.  This weekend will be rough to say the least...

My actions this week have been poor.  I have been kind of ashamed to have started this blog.  It started with a great day on Monday!!  I ate wonderfully on Monday, went to work and checked my weight, and I lost another half a pound!  200.5 :)  But, then Tuesday came around and it was a "dark day."  I call my bad days "dark days" since it sounds better than calling it what it is.  I was grumpy, unmotivated, and ate terribly...not bad foods, just too much of them.  It wasn't something that I was proud of, or wanted to share.  But the truth is, this summer is a journey; and I invited everyone to share it with me.  It's not going to work if I am not honest with myself, let alone you.  Wednesday was the day that Joey passed away, and it went downhill from there.

I did try to go running last night.  My calfs have been really tight so I haven't run this week.  Last night I didn't even go a mile and they started to cramp up.  I stretched again and walked for a minute.  When I started to run again, they were as hard a rocks and wicked painful.  I walked home, which was painful and took forever...I almost flagged someone down to drive me home.  Dennis went to the store get my some IcyHot while I had my legs on the heating pad.  That combination seemed to help, so I will be continuing that for a couple of days.  I am hoping by Tuesday I will be running again.

Excluding running, today will be the fist day of my uphill climb out f this rut.  I think that I am out of it; here is the proof.  I asked Dennis to get my some ice cream last night when he got me the IcyHot.  I still have an unopened pint f Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heathbar Crunch in my freezer.  It will stay unopened until I lose another 10.5 pounds.  HOLD ME TO IT PEOPLE!!

I hope that you enjoy the beautiful weather today.  I plan of bringing the boys back to the beach today.  Happy Friday!

xoxo Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment